Although we’re currently within the icy grips of “Old Man Winter,” those of us around Lake Superior know that warmer days are on the horizon. While it may seem inconceivable now, it’s only a matter of weeks until the snow begins its annual thaw and the apple trees and other flowering plants start to blossom, giving way to a gorgeous display of spring delight. As such, the staff at Old Rittenhouse Inn has been busy helping guests with reservations regarding the upcoming seasonal shift and is already thinking about all the fun things to do in Bayfield, Wisconsin, once the ice melts.
Spring into Bayfield, Wisconsin, at our Lake Superior Hotel
With so many fun activities in our beloved region, you don’t have to be a college student for an awesome Wisconsin spring break. On the contrary, there are plenty of unique and exciting ways to spend your springtime, no matter your age! To help acquaint you with some of the most popular warm-season pastimes, we devised a fun list of things to do in Bayfield, Wisconsin, for your upcoming spring getaway.
- Touring the “Fruit Loop“ on a bike is an excellent way to gain a lay of the land while getting some fresh air after a long winter. Although you likely won’t be able to purchase any fruit until summer and fall, you’ll have a glimpse at the early development stages as these beautiful plants begin to bloom.
- Shopping at Bayfield’s many quaint shops and art galleries is a must for anyone wanting to immerse themselves in the local culture while browsing for souvenirs.
- Sailing on Lake Superior is a popular thing to do in Bayfield, Wisconsin, during the summer but offers a whole new perspective in the spring as you glide past mini-icebergs and glaciers. From two-hour tours to overnight voyages, Dreamcatcher Sailing has something for everyone.
- Take the ferry to Madeline Island to explore the Apostles’ gateway and find out what island life means in Wisconsin. You’ll quickly find out why so many people make it a point to visit this beloved Northwoods archipelago.
- Kayaking on Lake Superior is something every outdoor enthusiast should try. Kayaking is such a fabulous thing to do in Bayfield, Wisconsin, that the New York Times wrote a feature back in 2008. Whether you want to explore the shorelines or add it to your Madeline Island experience, we implore you to consider this unforgettable pastime.
Much More than a Bed and Breakfast in Bayfield
One of the many fascinating aspects of spring break on our bend of Lake Superior is the multitude of things to do in Bayfield, Wisconsin. Old Rittenhouse Inn, a premier Lake Superior Hotel, is poised to deliver an extraordinary getaway experience to help usher in new beginnings and days filled with beaming sunshine. For more information on how we can accommodate your retreat, please reach out to us online or call 715-779-5111 today.