Now that the snow has melted and the weather is warming up, many of us have summer vacations on our minds. And if you are searching for a Wisconsin summer vacation in a charming Lake Superior town, look no further than Bayfield! Our little city has something for everyone, whether you are interested in nature, history, art, or food. We also offer a gateway to the Apostle Islands, a gem of Northern Wisconsin. Choose Old Rittenhouse Inn to host your vacation and stay in our cozy rooms looking out to stunning views of Lake Superior. Read on to discover a few of our favorite summer activities in Bayfield and the Apostle Islands!
Things to Do in Bayfield During Summer
There is an experience for everyone in Bayfield this summer! From outdoor adventures like hiking and kayaking to sampling locally crafted wine, there are endless possibilities to discover:
- There are abundant outdoor adventures in and around Bayfield. Our blog highlights where you can find the best spots for kayaking, biking, fishing, golfing, and sailing.
- Bayfield is known for its flower farms, berry farms, and orchards. Summer is the best time to find fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. Sample the locally grown fruit at wineries like Bayfield Winery and Seven Ponds Winery.
- Keep up to date with our Calendar of Events and plan your vacation around a Bayfield summer event. Big Top Chautauqua features over 60 concerts, shows, and events that you can check out in Bayfield!
Explore the Apostle Islands this Summer
The Apostle Islands are comprised of 21 islands known for their picturesque rock formations, historic lighthouses, sea caves, and wilderness trails. Here are some of the best summer activities around the Apostle Islands:
- Kayaking is an excellent way to travel among the islands or paddle through the scenic sea caves. Lost Creek Adventures offers guided kayak tours of the Apostle Islands.
- Apostle Islands Cruises offers scenic boat tours to introduce you to the islands’ beauty. They offer a Grand Tour where you can see a bit of everything and hiking and lighthouse trips for even more island adventures.
- Madeline Island is the largest island here and the most popular destination for summer visitors. You can find several things to keep you busy with activities like swimming, kayaking, hiking, fishing, and more.
Plan Your Wisconsin Summer Vacation Today
Bayfield and the Apostle Islands are excellent places to plan your Wisconsin summer vacation. Spend your time exploring the water, hiking the trails, and relaxing at our historic inn. Old Rittenhouse Inn offers a charming bed and breakfast for your Bayfield getaway. Choose one of our Queen Anne Victorian mansion rooms and wake up with a delicious breakfast in our Landmark Restaurant. We can’t wait to see you in Northern Wisconsin this summer!