Get ready for our Red Wine Weekend taking place Jan. 31 – Feb 1, 2014. Enjoy fine wines, delicious food, and exceptional lodging in Bayfield WI. Events are held at Le Chateau, a sister property of Old Rittenhouse Inn, and the historic Landmark Restaurant at Old Rittenhouse Inn. The highlight of the weekend is a 6-course Italian dinner with Italian wines specially selected by the weekend’s guest host, Dennis Kohl, to match each dish.
- Join Dennis Kohl and Julie Phillips for a festive and fun weekend!
Make It A Weekend
Discount weekend lodging packages include the Friday California Pinot Noir tasting and appetizer reception, a hearty 2-course breakfast each morning, a Saturday tasting of French Reds and “Ringers” (a white wine, a Spanish wine, and an American Syrah) and the highlight of the weekend: Saturday evening’s 6-course Italian-themed Red Wine Dinner (see menu below). Call 715-779-5111 or Book Online to Reserve Your Spot!
Friday Tasting and Appetizer Reception: California Pinot Noirs
Friday, January 31 from 7:00 – 9:00pm
This casual event is your chance to enjoy 6 different California Pinot Noirs and a buffet of gourmet appetizers and desserts prepared by Old Rittenhouse Inn’s Landmark Restaurant. This tasting is held at our Le Chateau property, located at 7 Rice Avenue in Bayfield. The event is included in the Red Wine Weekend Lodging Package, or available a’ la carte for $45/person plus tax and gratuity. Advance Reservations Required for this event. Call 715-779-5111 to Reserve Your Spot!
Friday Wines (6 California Pinot Noirs):
Pennywise, Parker Station, Saintsbury, Decoy, Siduri, “J”
-Marinated flank steak with bleu cheese sauce.
-Artisan cheese platter
-Cheese filled Gougeres
-Smoked Trout and caramelized shallot tarts
-Crab and artichoke dip with shaved prosciutto
-Chorizo egg rolls with creamy cilantro sauce
-Italian fig cookies
- Sample some tasty wines with us!
Red Wine Seminar: French Reds and “Ringers”
Saturday, February 1 from 1:30 – 3:30pm
On Saturday afternoon, host Dennis Kohl takes guests on a tour of delicious French Reds. The journey includes stops in several of France’s famed growing regions, as well as a few “Ringers:” a white wine, a Spanish red, and an American Syrah. This event is included in the Red Wine Weekend Lodging Package, or available a’ la carte for $45/person plus tax and gratuity.Call 715-779-5111 to Reserve Your Spot!
Saturday Afternoon Seminar Wines:
– Pinon Vouvray “Prepare your Palate”
– Manoir Du Carra Julienas
– St. Cosme Basket Press Vin du France
– Fadan Ventoux
-Chapoutier Belleruche C-D Rhone
– Mas Carlot Les Infants Terrible, Languedoc
– Tres Ojos Garnacha Calatayud, Spain
- From the vine to the glass, we love wine weekend!
Italian Red Wine Dinner
Saturday, February 1 from 6:30 – 8:30pm
Without a doubt, the highlight of the weekend is the Italian Red Wine Dinner served at Old Rittenhouse Inn’s Landmark Restaurant on Saturday evening. Each of the 6 courses is accompanied by an Italian wine selected by host, Dennis Kohl, to compliment the amazing Italian menu created by chef Matt Chingo. The meal includes an appetizer, soup, salad, sorbet, a choice of entree, and dessert, plus all the wines. This event is included in the Red Wine Weekend Lodging Package, or available a’ la carte for $75/person plus tax and gratuity.Call 715-779-5111 to Reserve Your Spot!
- Enjoy our tasty menu paired with great wines.
Dinner Menu: Italian Red Wine Dinner – February 1, 2014, 6:30 pm
– Appetizer: Bruschetta shrimp-stuffed baby portabella mushrooms served with Jeio rose Prosecco
– Soup: Minestrone served with Ca’ Pugate Valpolicello
– Salad: Caprese Salad served with Altesino Rosso
– Sorbet: Chocolate Noir sorbet
– Entrée Choice 1: Veal piccata with mascarpone whipped yukons served with Fongoli Montelfalco Rosso
– Entrée Choice 2: Lake Trout Piemontese style with orzo pilaf Served with Pellisero Barbaresco
– Dessert: Zabaglione (a light custard made with Marsala wine) served with Banfi Rosa Regale
$75 + tax and gratuity. Call 715-779-5111 to Reserve Your Spot!