There’s a crisp chill to the wind, and leaves are beginning to change colors, which can only mean autumn is right around the corner in Wisconsin! Fall in Bayfield is extra special since it brings the return of the Apple Festival, one of Wisconsin’s best festivals! The Bayfield Apple Festival will take place for its 60th year from October 7th thru the 9th and will attract crowds of up to 50,000 visitors. Join us for three days of delicious apples, live music, art booths, pie contests, raffles, and more! Old Rittenhouse Inn offers the perfect lodging for your fall getaway in Bayfield. Our historic bed and breakfast is within walking distance of the festivities and offers the ideal spot to watch the parade at the end of the festival!
Bayfield Apple Festival
Three days of fall fun await at the Bayfield Apple Festival on the scenic shores of Lake Superior. In addition to all the fun in Bayfield, several orchards and farms will sell delicious apple products and host fun events throughout the festival.
Bayfield Orchard Events
There are four local orchards hosting events during the festival weekend. Bayfield Apple Company is your one-stop shop for everything apple with cider, jams, jellies, butter, and caramel apples. Erickson Orchard & Country Store offers a variety of apples in addition to games, music, hay rides, craft vendors, and mazes. If you are looking for festival food and special events, head to Hauser’s Superior View Farm.
The Top Apple Fest Events
Since the Bayfield Apple Festival has been a Wisconsin tradition for 60 years; several popular events bring people back year after year, such as:
- Apple Peeling Contest: Every year, we host a competition for the longest apple peel. See if you have what it takes to become the peeling apple champion of the season!
- Farmer’s Market: The festival starts with a market on First Street with local producers selling locally sourced produce and artisan items.
- Firemen’s Fish Fry: Support the Bayfield Volunteer Fire Department at the Saturday fish fry at the Lakeside Pavillion.
- Queen Coronation: Every Apple Festival, a new queen is coronated at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion.
- Grand Parade: The festival ends with the Grand Parade on Rittenhouse Avenue. Watch the parade from the lawn at Old Rittenhouse Inn.
The Perfect Wisconsin Fall Getaway in Bayfield
Plan your Wisconsin fall getaway around the annual Bayfield Apple Festival and celebrate the magic of harvest season with us. We look forward to hosting a weekend of celebration with apple treats, live music, delicious food, and unique traditions. Old Rittenhouse Inn offers the ideal lodging during the festival, just minutes away from the action. Browse our Bayfield hotel rooms and join us this fall on the shores of Lake Superior!