Get ready for our Red Wine Weekend taking place Feb 6-7, 2015. Enjoy fine wines, delicious food, and exceptional lodging in Bayfield, WI. Events are held at Le Chateau, a sister property of Old Rittenhouse Inn, and the historic Landmark Restaurant at Old Rittenhouse Inn. The highlight of the weekend events is a 6-course dinner with wines specially selected by the weekend’s guest host, Dennis Kohl, to match each dish.
Make It A Weekend!
Discount weekend lodging packages include:
- Friday “Bold and Beautiful Red Blends” tasting & appetizer reception
- A hearty 2-course breakfast each morning
- A Saturday tasting of 8 Zinfandels
- Saturday evening’s 6-course Pinot Noir Dinner (see menu below)
Call 715-779-5111 or Book Online to Reserve Your Spot
Friday February 6th Appeatizers:
- Spanikopita-Style Beggar’s Purse with cream cheese, feta, and spinach wrapped in phyllo
- Cider braised pork belly egg rolls
- Artisan Cheese Platter
- Marinated Flank Steak with Dijon Glaze
- Slow Braised Bison Meatballs in Tomato Wine Sauce
- Crawfish Dip with crostini
- Chocolate Napoleons.
Wines for Friday, February 6th: “Bold and Beautiful” Red Blends
- Chateau Greysac Medoc-France – 2009 made with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petite Verdot.
- Helena Road Vineyard, Maier Family Cenote , Sonoma County -2007 made with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc.
- Three Vineyard Carignane Rose, Contra Costa county -2012
- Castelmaure Col Des Vents Corbieres -2013 made from Carignane, Grenache and syrah.
- the Big Easy from Fess Parker, Santa Barbara- 2010 made from Syrah, Petit Syrah and Grenache.
- Cline late harvest Mourvedre-2011
Saturday February 7th afternoon tasting will feature Zinfandels, with a nice little Frog’s Leap vertical at the end:
- Edmeads 2009, Mendocino
- Seghesio 2009, Sonoma
- Buehler 2010, Napa
- Ravenswood 2011, Lodi
- Eaton 2010, Amador
- Frogs Leap 2012, Napa
- Frogs Leap 2010, Napa
- Frogs Leap 2008, Napa
Saturday February 7th – 6-Course Pinot Noir Dinner Menu
- Appetizer: Smoked & Seared Scallop over wilted spinach with beurre blanc. Wine pairing- Light Horse, Napa
- Soup: Creamy piquillo pepper and chickpea with chicken. Wine Pairing- Drouhin Laforet , France
- Salad: Baby Spinach with Honey-Pecan Vinaigrette, Roasted Grapes, Chevre & Shallots. Wine Pairing- Cloudline, Oregon
- Sorbet: Blueberry Port
- Entrée Choice 1: Pan Roasted Quail. Warm Farro Salad. Red Wine-Tomato Sauce. Wine Pairing- Drouhin Chorey Les Beaune, France
- Entrée Choice 2: Seared Rack of Lamb. Pistachio Chutney. Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato Au Gratin. Wine Pairing- Alloro Estate, Oregon
- Dessert: Chocolate Espresso Mousse. Wine Pairing- Gloria Ferrer Blanc Noir, Carneros Sparkling
Dinner Includes 6 courses and 5 wines. $75/person plus tax and gratuity. Reservations: Call 715-779-5111
For discount weekend lodging packages, Call 715-779-5111 or Book Online to reserve your place at the table.