Are you looking for a weekend away? Plan a romantic couples getaway in Bayfield, WI! To help with your planning, we’ve come up with the the perfect itinerary.
- Arrive around mid-day and kick of your couples getaway in Bayfield with lunch at the Fat Radish.
- Take in the views and an adult beverage from the Bayfield Inn’s rooftop deck overlooking the Bayfield harbor
- Meander through Bayfield’s many shops – you’re sure to find the perfect gift, souvenir, or next best piece of clothing
- Check in to the Rittenhouse Inn where your comfortable and luxurious room awaits you – perfect for a nap!
- Relax and reconnect over the signature five-course gourmet meal with a nice bottle of wine and the lake views not far away.
- Stroll downtown to the end of the city dock for a bit of fresh air before retiring for the night.
- Sleep in before enjoying your two-course breakfast at the Rittenhouse Inn with plenty of great coffee to get your day off on the right foot.
- Hop on a mid-morning Madeline Island ferry ride, leaving your car at the Rittenhouse.
- After arranging rental of a canoe or kayaks in town, rent mopeds or pedal bikes from Motion to Go on Madeline Island, picking up a picnic lunch from the Farmhouse before taking off for Big Bay Town Park, a 6.5-mile ride one way (on flat, paved roads).
- Find a quiet spot on Big Bay Town Park beach, canoe or kayak, rest, read, picnic, hike, swim, or just take in the views over the clear blue water.
- After biking back to town, experience Tom’s Burned Down Café for great people watching and an adult beverage before heading back on the ferry. If Tom’s isn’t your gig, try the Beach Club and grab a spot on the lakeside patio.
- Once back on the mainland, stop in to Bayfield Wine & Spirits for a great bottle of wine and some appetizer munchies to serve as dinner.
- Enjoy your book and that good bottle of wine from the Rittenhouse’s expansive front porch as you watch the world go by with Lake Superior in the distance.
- Take in a show at Big Top Chautauqua, the Carnegie Hall of tent shows, a short shuttle ride from the Rittenhouse.
- Sleep well in your Rittenhouse room during your romantic couples getaway in Bayfield!
- Wake up to a final breakfast in the Rittenhouse dining rooms before launching for the day.
- End your couples getaway in Bayfield, with a stop at one of the many orchards on your way out of town. Grab the fresh fruit of the season to enjoy at home.
Use our itinerary or start planning your own! Either way, you will be sure to experience the best that our town has to offer during your romantic couples getaway in Bayfield! Book online today!